CVX Locking (vlCVX)
CVX must be locked as vlCVX to participate in the voting process.
- CVX is locked for 16 weeks (plus X number of days until the next Thursday)
- Weekly epochs begin at Thursday 0:00 UTC
- Voting power will be 0 after depositing until the next epoch
- Each deposit/lock is grouped into weekly locks. These locks' unlock time are independent of each other. Voting power is the sum of all non-expired locks
- Expired locks can still gain platform fees. However can be forcefully kicked (with an incentive to the kicker) if left unclaimed for too long
- More information can be found here: https://docs.convexfinance.com/convexfinance/general-information/voting-and-gauge-weights
An example implementation can be found here: https://github.com/convex-eth/platform/blob/main/contracts/contracts/BasicCvxHolder.sol
Important: In order for the locking contract to participate in snapshot proposals, the contract must be able delegate to a EOA address or implement EIP1271 in order to sign for voting.